St. Patrick’s Day is wonderful for a myriad of reasons: Spring is finally around the corner, day drinking is condoned, and McDonald’s Shamrock Shake returns! However, if you think that the seasonal sip is cuter than it is tasty, you’re not alone. That's why we decided to up make our own upgraded version—with booze.
Our recipe ensures you're only a few ingredients away from a festive drink that’s potent enough to make you wake up tomorrow wondering where all your ice cream went.
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Crème de Menthe
- 2 shots vodka
- 5-6 drops green food coloring
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint (more for garnish)
- Whipped cream
- Green sprinkles
- Andes mints
- Maraschino cherries
- Combine ice cream, liquor, food coloring, and mint in a blender and blend until well-combined.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles, mint, and candy. Sip with caution!