St. Patrick’s Day is wonderful for a myriad of reasons: Spring is finally around the corner, day drinking is condoned, and McDonald’s Shamrock Shake returns! However, if you think that the seasonal sip is cuter than it is tasty, you’re not alone. That's why we decided to up make our own upgraded version—with booze.
Our recipe ensures you're only a few ingredients away from a festive drink that’s potent enough to make you wake up tomorrow wondering where all your ice cream went.
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Crème de Menthe
- 2 shots vodka
- 5-6 drops green food coloring
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint (more for garnish)
- Whipped cream
- Green sprinkles
- Andes mints
- Maraschino cherries
- Combine ice cream, liquor, food coloring, and mint in a blender and blend until well-combined.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles, mint, and candy. Sip with caution!
Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. Our picks and opinions are independent from any business incentives.
Get Our Newsletter
Real advice from real experts. Sign up for our newsletter
Thanks for signing up!